The IT Center was established in 2010 as an independent center in the University of the Visual & Performing Arts. As the main task, the center offers computer course modules for all the levels of students in the three faculties for their degree programs. The aim of these modules is to develop students’ overall knowledge in computer, multimedia and web applications and to enhance their technical skills in those areas for their day-today activities.
The IT Center has six fully equipped computer laboratories in all three faculties to cater the requirements of practical classes of various course modules.
Other than the main activity of offering computer related modules for the degree programs of the university, following are the other services offering from the IT Center to the University.
- Looking after the Internet and email services of the university
- Maintaining the University web site
- Hardware, software and network support services
- Organizing Certificate courses in selected topics
- Organizing workshops and/or seminars, staff training programs for academic, nonacademic and administrative staff
- Self-access learning
VisionTo become a center of excellence empowering the university community through information and communication technology.
MissionTo help learners to improve their information and communication technology skills enabling them to effectively execute their academic, professional and social activities.
Evaluation of computer knowledge of new student - Faculty of Dance & Drama